Karna Tecla: Eclectic Woman
Inspired to Write
Motivated to Speak
I’m a writer of blogs, short stories, novels, plays, and poems.
I am a writer of non-fiction.
I am a speaker of thoughts and ideas.
This is me.
OK – This was me in kindergarten.
I found this picture when I was going through a box of paperwork.
I have a pen in my hand and a notebook on my lap. For years, I’ve been asked when I started writing. Up until I found this picture, I would answer sometime in elementary school. Now I have proof that I was writing as early as kindergarten.
The dress is the give away to my age. The dress was purchased the spring of kindergarten. As kindergartners, we performed a spring program where we sang and did the Maypole dance. A picture of me in this dress on my grandmother’s back patio posing like I was doing the Maypole dance hung on my grandmother’s and my mother’s walls for years.
This is me now.
I retired from teaching high school English, creative writing, public speaking, and theater. Now I have time to pursue my passions: writing and speaking.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN ECLECTIC WOMAN?
Simple – I have a wide variety of interests and pursue a wide variety of activities.
- I play violin with the Spring Hill Orchestra in Middle Tennessee.
- I play the piano.
- I enjoy photography.
- I like to create sculptures by re-purposing glass and china.
- I like to re-purpose cigar boxes.
- I like to make jewelry. (When I get settled in the new house and workshop, I plan on making jewelry from old silverware.)
- I love to read.
- I love to watch movies.
- I love to bake.
- I enjoy long walks or walking our dogs, Pepper & Nutmeg.
- I enjoy riding my bicycle.
- I love camping and traveling.
- I love learning new things.
- I love exploring new places.
- I love gardening and growing things.
I feel that it is never too late to learn something or try something new.
I believe that you should strive to learn one new thing each day, so that by the end of a year, you will have learned 365 new items of information.
I AM PART OF…